About Me

My photo
Educator - in the Classroom and on the Court at Ankeny Centennial High School. Aspiring Head Coach.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Goals

Written out Goal
My goal is to become a successful head coach of a high school program and possibly get into the college game at some point - I'll think more about that once I accomplish the prior. After working at Snow Valley for my 5th year this year, my mind really has been churning the past few days on how to accomplish that goal. I'm not a very cliche guy, but I decided to sit down and write out my goal and some ways to achieve it (I'm sure I'm missing a lot of things.) I appreciate any feedback!

GOAL:
Make the most positive impact on a young person's life as a person and player by becoming a head coach.

Key Points to achieve this:
1. Be loyal, honest & upfront
2. Do my job to my best ability - be an all-star at this role
3. Work hard - a non-negotiable
4. Grow knowledge of how to teach/coach better
5. Create relationships
6. Expand and develop network

Steps for these points:
1.      1.                                  -          Don’t lie
-       Don’t Cheat
-      Hold myself and others accountable
2.     2.                                  -        Put the program first
-       Don’t have an ego
-      Offer help wherever possible
3.       3.                                -           There is such a thing as 5am every day
-     Get out of comfort zone
-       Be a competitor
4.     4.                                  -         Attend Clinics
-       Question those with experience
-      READ more!
-       Don’t assume
-      Be CURIOUS
-      Learn something every day
5.    5.                                   -         Approach others without fear
-       Question
-      Ask for help
-       Be interested in others
6.     6.                                 -         Keep in touch with old contacts
-      Further develop past relationships
-      Look for opportunities to meet others
-       Don’t suck up
-    Be yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment